Friday, February 8, 2008

The worst interview ever

Well it is most definitely official, I had the worst interview of my life. The interviewer seemed unprepared and she spoke in a very choppy and unclear manner. She threw me way off of my comfort zone. She made it sound like my education wasn't very important and experience was key. She asked me if I knew how to read brokerage statements. I asked her what specifically I would be doing with them. She wasn't sure. I said that know all about mutual funds and I run and read reports here all the time. I am used to reading the horrible OMNI system and Power image system, so I should have not problem reading a brokerage statement. I have never seen a brokerage statement. There are two people that get to see the statements. The people that make them and the person that the report is for and maybe the garbage man when it gets thrown away. They don't send over the report for Ralph to check out in the completely unrelated department. I told her that I am an expert at excel. Which is true. I told her that I can use my experience here and at school to do whatever they need done. The interview was like 12 min long. I wanted off the phone in 2 minutes. It was so unnerving. I have got to hone my BSing skills.

Brian said he would send me an email when we could hang out. It'll be really good to see him again. I miss my old friends. Its so busy being a dad.

I am taking the dog to its training session on saturday and I am taking another exam. On sunday I have to do nothin much I think. I am sure that I will be doing some chore.

No comments: