Friday, August 10, 2007

I need a Vacation

I fell asleep from 630 til 830 yesterday. Then I got up and played with the baby. If you can call it playing. Babies just stare and drool and eat and scream. Completely oblivious. Something is very drawing about them though. You can't really understand why your own children are so fascinating unless you actually have children of your own. I personally hate all other children except for my own children. Other kids are twice as annoying as my kids. Anyway, I am going to statesville for my dad's birthday. I am going to take them to lunch and get him a simpsons season on DVD, and maybe a movie. He is extremely hard to buy for. We will come back the same day. Statesville feels like it is hours away, but it is really only 45 minutes away. I know people that commute to work everyday 1 hour each way. Maybe we can catch a movie at the cheap movies in salisbury. And I can let my kids talk through the whole movie.

My oldest daughters father showed up at our house. He called first which was nice. He hasn't called or talked to Angel in over a year. Angel sent him an angry sad letter and I guess it made the jerk sad, so he needed to make himself feel better, so he decided in all of his mercy to come and visit. He hasn't bought angel a birthday present or a christmas present in like 6 years. I do all of these things. He lied and said that he had tried to get in touch with us, but the last time Olga talked to him he said that he could not handle angel right now and didn't want anything to do with her. He has Angel so messed up that it makes life very difficult with her. I am always afraid that angel is going to end up with some loser that shows her the slightest bit of attention, then, Olga and I will have to take care of both of them because the guy is a brain dead loser and can't hold a job. He made some comment about my fence posts being too tall. I wanted to beat him with one of those fence posts. Fence posts come in 8 foot sections, so you have to cut off the excess. Stupid moron. He kept trying to make small talk with me, and I kept trying to make him feel as insignificant and uncomfortable as I could. Just because you were around when a child was born and they live with you for a while or for your whole life, does not make you a father. What makes you a father is the constant vigilance and perserverence of taking them from the idiotic and chaotic times of childhood into being a well rounded sane adult. I have been around Angel through the most important times and chaotic times of her life. I have been trying to clean up the mess left by two retarded absent fathers for 6 years now, but I don't deserve any rewards. If Angel becomes a decent productive member of society then that is my reward.

No comments: